How to Get Gorgeous Wedding Photos in the Rain?
- Founder and Owner of Studio RL Photography & Two Peaches Photography
- Over 10 years of Photographic Experience
- AIPP Accredited Photographer and Canon CPS Gold Member
Studio RL Photography covers a lot of weddings every year and inevitably some of those wedding days will be rained out. A common question we get from our brides is what happens if it rains, usually followed by a look of worry and nervousness. My response to our clients is always the same. Embrace the rain!!! They make fantastic wedding photos and I will proceed to show them photos shot taken in rain.
Our brides typically worry about their hair and make up getting wet, their beautiful wedding gowns getting ruined and dirty and visions of crappy photos in a plan b location. Our advice to our brides:
1. Embrace the rain. Your experienced photographers will know how to deal with the rain. You can’t control mother nature so enjoy your big day regardless!!
2. Make sure you and your photographer agrees on a plan b location if it rains.
3. If it’s raining set aside some time with your photographer in the evening to get some night rain shots. They make the most beautiful and stunning photos and any good wedding photographer worth their salt can create magic with a camera and a flash!!
4. Umbrellas make the prettiest props for wedding days and are oh so romantic!! Try avoiding dark/black umbrellas as they aren’t that romantic or flattering unless the photo is in black or white.
5. Do some research and look at other photographers’ works or even better ask your wedding photographer to show you their photos of brides/grooms taken in the rain. Photographers love it and experienced photographers will have more than a few in their portfolio.
6. If your photographer doesn’t have any, show them some photos you like and have seen and ask them to recreate it.
7. Have a bridesmaid come along with you and your husband to the shoot. They can hold the umbrella’s, hold your dress so it doesn’t get ruined and provide support for you during the shoot.
8. Most importantly, smile have fun and enjoy the moment. They make the most romantic photos and give your wedding photos that wow factor!
Ben Clark Photography
Daniel Griffiths Photography
Henry Lam Photography
Emilio Navas - Photographers
Amy de Boer
Amy de Boer Photography
Marli Koen Photography
Adnan Ansah Photography
Matija Kljunak Weddings
Andrea Matone photography